The Western Disease Conference is designed to bring together plant disease professionals to promote the science of plants and plant related problems.
The informal approach of these meetings encourages brief presentations with interactive and lively discourse. Presentation topics include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic reports (e.g., new problems, annual reports, diseases difficult to diagnose)
- Research trials
- New developments in plant pathology
- Chemical registrations/efficacy trials
- Biological control associated with organic production, extension activities and resources (can bring copies of new crop bulletins, website addresses, and other resources), etc.
- Fruit production, disease control and post-harvest issues
The Western Disease Conference will be held in conjunction with the Orchard Pest and Disease Management conference at the Downtown Hilton in Portland, OR. This will be the 90th Annual OPDMC meeting.
The dates for the next WDC/OPDMC are January 13, 14, 15, 2016.